March 13, 2011

Braylon's First Backpack

Hello All,

This is what i have been trying to get done for the last week. The little guy this is for is 19 months old. He is learning how to run and is becoming very independent. He's facinated by putting things into his diaper bag, his mom's purse, laudry baskets, and even enjoys throwing things into the trash. His mom has on occasion had to pull things out of the trash just to find her phone! So, I knew it was time for his first backpack.

When little one's begin walking and carry things around with them, they know one speed...Go Fast.  He's quick and does not like to hold hands for very long. (Let's face it, I don't think I could keep my arm stretched up over my head holding someone's hand without it going numb) which gives you two choices; 1) carry them so they don't run off and 2) run after them and continually turn them around to go in the direction you want them to, right?

So... I decided to make a detachable link to him. He'll never know it's there, and it will keep him very close to his mom and dad when out in a public area. I'm a fanatic about safety, and I've raised enough children to know that if you look away for just 5 seconds, they can be halfway to the moon.

This size is just right for his age through I'd say 3 1/2?  Its about 9 1/2 - 10" long, 10" wide at the bottom, and 7 1/2" wide across the top. It is about 2 1/2" deep, and has 14 1/2-15" straps.  I've lined it with a light blue cotton, and serged the seams. Oh, it also has a little velcro on the flap to keep it closed just incase he over loads it with his toys (he even likes to pack his own diapers and wipes).

Let me know what you all think.


No comments:

Post a Comment